Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

When I decided to do this blog, I told myself that I was going to tell it like it is.  So here goes. 

Yesterday was a bad day!  Not just bad, but pretty much an awful day! There, I said it!  

We had three dogs when we learned that we were going to be moving to India.  After much prayer and thought, we decided to see if we could find homes for them.  India wasn't going to be a good place for them.  (I know some people have taken their dogs over there, but there are packs of wild dogs living in the park next to our house.)  However, we weren't going to give them to just anybody!  We had some pretty high standards!

Pebbles, our female maltipoo, found a new home first.  She went to the perfect person!  Pebbles had always wanted to be the queen of the house, but the two other (male) dogs and the constant stream of teenagers in and out made that impossible!  Well, Pebbles is now happily the Queen Diva of her new home and loving life!



Now about yesterday...

Mom left to go home. Some silly reason about a hurricane headed to Mobile...whatever!  HA!  (You all know I'm just kidding!)  Anyway, she had been here for a few days helping me inventory the house.  When she left, she took our black Lab, Beaux, with her.  He is now at his new home on Mobile Bay.  He's swimming and chasing pelicans every morning and going for walks in the afternoon.



Then yesterday afternoon, I took Bam Bam to meet his new mom and dad.  Bam Bam is the oldest of  the three and has a few quirks to say the least.  He loves his mamma, though, and I love him!  He is the cutest snaggle-toothed little dog with the best personality...unless you are the UPS guy, FedEx guy, yard guy, pest control guy...well unless you are almost any guy!  He loves the women!  I had pretty much decided to take him to India with us.  It didn't seem like we would find the perfect home for him. Then, one of Mike's co-workers emailed me about an older couple who had lost their dog a year ago.  They wanted Bam Bam!  So, the two of us headed down to Southaven to check them out.  Well, they are the sweetest couple and loved Bam Bam instantly.



So, I headed home.......alone.  It was awful!  I sent texts (not while I was driving) asking my family and friends to pray for me.  My heart felt like it was ripping out of my chest.  I had kept it all together for so long...Through learning we would be moving 8,000 miles away, sending one son to Atlanta for his new job, one son to Alabama as a freshman, selling cars and furniture, helping our oldest son pick out an engagement ring and then celebrating when she said "YES", telling my husband goodbye for a month and now finding new homes for all the dogs.  Yeah, last night wasn't pretty at all!

Today, though, was a new day.  Still hard, but better.  My husband sent flowers (He's a smart guy!), which helped brighten my day.  A friend came over and helped me inventory a little more.  Lots of phone calls, Facebook messages and texts helped, too!

When people tell me "God won't give you more than you can handle," I tell them that's not necessarily true!  In Philippians 4:13, Paul says "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."  My devotion for today was perfect, as His timing always is.  He is my true source of strength every day.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I am so impressed by your writing skills. I think you're entitled to a few bad days here and there. You have handled everything so well. Even my kids realize how well you are doing. I have to hear on a daily basis "Mom, I just don't think you would do well if you were Mrs. Amick. I'm pretty sure you would make dad go by himself." lol The jury is still out on that. :)
You are a perfect example of a Proverbs 31 wife and I know Mike realizes how blessed he is to have you.

Lora Pope said...

I am looking forward to reading your blog! You will be an inspiration as you see what God has in store for you on this Journey! Praying for safe travels!

Allison said...

Two of my biggest cheerleaders and prayer warriors! Love y'all!