Monday, August 20, 2012

Have you ever had one of those days...


when you think that maybe you should go back to bed and start over??  Well, welcome to my first full day in Hyderabad!  This story is one reason why I titled the blog the way I did.

Mike and I went on a look/see visit in July.  We stayed in the gorgeous, brand new Park Hyatt in an area of Hyderabad called Banjara Hills.  We were meeting our relocation guide, Raza in the lobby of the hotel at 10:30am.  Needing a heavy dose of caffeine, Mike and I went down to lobby at 10:00 in search of coffee.  As we got off the elevator, there was the coffee/pastry bar sitting in the middle of the lobby.  The only thing separating me from my caffeine fix was a beautiful raised glass floor (see pics above).  Mike and I headed straight for the coffee.  As we were stepping onto the glass floor, Mike stopped and started to say something and I looked across the floor and saw a look of horror on the coffee bar attendant's face.  And then as my feet hit the floor, I realized in an instant what Mike was going to say and also the look on employee's face.  It wasn't a glass floor...it was the lobby fountain!  UGH!  I would like to blame it on the jet lag and lack of caffeine, but I almost did it another time!  I looked around, relieved that there was only one other person in the lobby at the time, an Indian man who I assumed was a guest in the hotel.  He came over and helped Mike and me as I tried to escape the fountain in soaking wet shoes and with little bit of dignity!  As Mike handed the gentleman something to hold, Mike looked at him and said "Let me guess, you're Raza??"  Well so much for my small shred of dignity!  (Fortunately my shoes were cork-soled so they dried out quickly! HA!)  I did find out later, that I'm not the first person to make that mistake.  Yes, there is a tiny bit of comfort in that!

3 comments:

Jennifer Scola said...

Oh lawd! You did not tell me about this and it's hilarious! I'm so happy you are doing the blog. Everyone who loves you really appreciates it. I can't wait to live vicariously through you! Such exciting times! Jenn

Allison said...

I know, Jenn. I had to save it for the blog! :)

Missy Ragan said...

We really have so much to discuss about this! :)