Monday, August 20, 2012

Journey to Hyderbad

Well, I've told enough people that I was "thinking" about starting a blog about our move to India that I guess I'm committed now!  The reason I hesitated is that I am not a writer, never have been.  However, I love to take photographs.  That is how I journal, so to speak.  Through pictures and a little writing, I want to take you on our journey to Hyderabad!

Most of the people who read this blog know Mike and me, but for those of you who don't know us well (or at all), here is a little bit about us.  Mike and I are in the process of moving to Hyderabad, India with International Paper.  Mike is already over there working and I will follow him the end of September.

In addition to an 8,000 mile international move, we recently had another couple of "life-changing" events.  Our two sons, Matthew (22) and Weston (18) are not going to be moving with us.  Matthew moved to Atlanta a couple of weeks ago to start a new job and we got Weston settled into his dorm at the University of Alabama. Also, found homes for two of our three dogs and have sold two cars.

It's been a CRAZY time, but God has kept all of us strong and calm through all of it.  We have witnessed some pretty amazing things that He has done. (Mike and I don't believe in coincidence!)  For instance, the two dogs...they are both going to homes that are even better for them than ours!  Pebbles, our little diva maltipoo, is truly the queen of her new domain now!  Beaux, our black lab, is going to a lady down near my hometown where he will get to run, play and chase pelicans on the beach everyday!  We have also met people that we would have never met otherwise.

I hope you will be patient with me as I stumble through the blogging experience!

Love to you all,
Allison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the fact that you started this blog. I will follow and pray because I truly
love you and I know God is at work, directing your path. As sad as I am. I am excited and happy for you and Mike. I hope you share all of your God Stories because I love to be amazed at how He is working, that encourages me as it will encourage many more.
Love ya. Carol