Saturday, January 5, 2013

To the US and Back...








Well, it’s been a while since my last blog post.  I’m going to try and be more consistent.

We had a great trip home for Christmas and then Weston came back to Hyderabad with us.  It was a quick trip over here for him, but we packed a lot into it.  I asked him what he thought about India and he said that he couldn’t quite put it into words.  That is so true!  I know I’ve said it before, but you have to experience it for yourself.  No one can describe how it really is with words!

I did get to see some family and friends while I was in the US, but not nearly enough of you!  I just want all of you to know how much a love and value you!  You really don’t realize what you have until it’s far away. 

One of the highlights over the holiday was wedding dress shopping with Matthew’s fiancé, Sarah!  She was so sweet to wait until I could go with them.  It was a special day with Sarah, Vanessa (her maid of honor), Anita (Sarah’s mom) and Pam (my mother-in-law).   Unless I was specifically asked, I kept my opinions to myself.  Yes, I am going to be the BEST mother-in-law!!  J  I can’t wait until Matthew sees her on their wedding day!  She looks like a princess!

Weston left this morning.  We had a great week.  We did all the touristy things while he was here:

7 Tombs of the Qutb Shahi rulers:


       

 Golconda Fort (near our house), where these guys wanted their picture taken with Weston:

We were trying to decide
which "celebrity" he should be.  I think he's too cute to be Justin Bieber!

Golconda Fort














Chowmahalla Palace in the Old City



On our morning walk, these guys wanted us to take their picture.
I have no idea what those are on their backs.


There is more to write, but Mike and I are getting up early in the morning and driving to Solapur about 300km from Hyderabad.  We are going to meet up with some friends from Collierville and then head back on Monday.  I'll post more this week!  I still have to tell you about our deer head (mis)Adventure!  :)

1 comment:

jennifer scola said...

love y'all! Sure wish I could have been a fly on the wall with Weston in India lol.